Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Workbox Jira notification Open link is wrong

Dale Miller March 12, 2013

We have recently upgraded to Jira 5.2.6 which now allows us to get notifications from Jira in the Confluence Workbox. If we click on the notification to open it there is an Open link at the bottom of the window which I assume would open the actual Jira comment etc. For some reason this link is pointing to confluence instead of Jira to look at the Jira mentioned. Below is an example link pointing to a comment that was added to a Jira.

confluence.domain.com/browse/TEST-73039?focusedCommentId=2389369#comment-2389369

I believe this should be

jira.domain.com/browse/TEST-73039?focusedCommentId=2389369#comment-2389369

Is there some sort of config step we missed or is this a known issue in Confluence Workbox

3 answers

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

This was a bug but it should be solved in newer versions of Confluence.

Bug report is: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27604

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

We have the same problem too and were directed to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28249

Our base URLs are correct.

Dale Miller March 13, 2013

I can't seem to get to that URL. Can you summarize what it says?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

It's just buggy AAC deciding the full-stop is part of the url, I've edited it.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Christ it's still there, just remove the end period from the url after you've clicked it.

I got in thanks. I didn't notice the period at the end.

Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Interesting, I've just checked our installation (Conf 4.3.7, Jira 5.2.6, behind apache, different just in context) and it works right.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

It seems like it stops working if the base url is changed, perhaps after the app link is set up. Our was changed, but the app link was recreated and it still doesn't work. But we have the same setup as you, just context differs.

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Hi Dale,

I believe you may start checking both JIRA and Confluence baseURL. The baseURL is used for composing links, and a misconfiguration may be causing the problem you got. THe following documentation will help you:

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Server+Base+URL

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+Options

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

That is not the issue. Our base URL's are setup correctly and have been set the same way for a long time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events