Confluence Wiki - Publishing spaces

Kamal July 19, 2019

Hi,

Do I need a separate plugin to publish Confluence Wiki spaces? And if yes, how much does it cost?

Thanks and regards,

Kamal

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2019

Hi @Kamal - do you mean create a new space in Confluence? That has something to do with your permissions and depends you and your company is handling that.

Maybe you can become a bit more specific to get better help. 

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2019

Or do you mean a certain template/blueprint by Confluence Wiki? 

Like Kamal likes this
Kamal July 21, 2019

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard

Thank you for your message.

I do have permissions to create a space in Confluence. In the created space, I can created pages and I am able to publish them. This space and its pages are visible to the internal team.

To make the space available to outside of the internal team (i.e. outside of the company), we need to publish the space, right? If we have to do that, do we need a plugin?

Thanks and regards,

Kamal

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2019

Hi @Kamal 

oh ok - this has something to do with permissions and how your company is handling that.

First of all you have to check if your system gave permissions for anonymous users in your global permissions.

image.png

Than you have to give access to the space for anonymous users to the mentioned space you mentioned - for details also see here.

image.png

But be careful - all new sites created in this page are will have the same permission rights!

Like # people like this
Kamal July 24, 2019

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard,

Thanks. Your response answers my query.

Regards,

Kamal

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
0 votes
Simon Gatto August 14, 2019

Hello @Kamal  , I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I wanted to mention there is also an App option that would allow you to publish individual Confluence pages (or copy/publish entire spaces) from one space to another.  You can find the Publishing app on the Atlassian Marketplace here.

If you have any questions about the tool, feel free to get in touch with us anytime.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events