Confluence - User shows up upon search, but not for adding permissions

Jason Moerbe September 30, 2014

I have added some new users to confluence - all with the same group associations and settings.  Of the five that I added, three of them work as expected.  However, there are two of them that DO show up when I do a user search, but when trying to add them as individuals to the space permissions, I get "No Matches Found".

It sounds similar to the issue about users not being added to the people directory.  But since they DO show up when doing a simple user search, I'm not sure what else needs to happen.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Moerbe August 12, 2015

To verify against Julia's question above - a background reindex did NOT solve the problem. But a full reindex rebuild (the option where you lock users out of using the system for the duration of the reindex) DID solve the issue for me.

Linus Lindroth August 12, 2015

How do you reindex Confluence? Do you mean Content Index?

We have our Jira and Confluence linked (under application links in Jira). They have synchronized account databases. The re-index takes place within Jira. Jira Admin > System > Indexing

Linus Lindroth August 12, 2015

Oh ok, we have LDAP connection directly from Confluence. No connection with JIRA.

ah, sorry. I won't be of much help then.

0 votes
Linus Lindroth August 11, 2015

Just for your info, I have suddenly the same problem.

0 votes
Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

i don't know if this will help at all, but have you reindexed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events