Confluence User Signup & Crowd management

Debbie Mac April 18, 2014

I currently have confluence enabled to allow users to signup for an account that is authenticated using the email domain. How do I specify that this is the allowed default application for all account creation and allow the same user to SSO to all other atlassian applications?

I want to be able to (once the account is created in confluence) to specify access to all atlassian apps and groups via crowd.

I do not want to go into crowd and create all accounts there.

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2014

Hi Debbie,

From confluence side, I believe this is not possible. However, from crowd side, it could be done. You first need to enable the public signup in crowd and set a default group membership.

If you set this group to access the application Confluence, then all users will automatically be able to access confluence as well after they login to crowd first.

I understand that you may not want all users that signup to crowd to become confluence users, but then there won't be a way to provide such functionality to automatically add users to confluence without having to go to inside crowd and set the users manually.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events