Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence User Delay

Brandon Schaefer January 19, 2018

We have Jira service desk 3.6.2 and Confluence 6.4 installed on the same server.  

Confluence is configured for 'External User Management' under the security and privacy settings so it will use Jira's user database.  

When a new user signs up on the Jira Service Desk user portal site, it takes a while for them to be able to login to the Confluence site.  We've consistently seen this take up to an hour before they can login and access our training site and knowledgebase articles.  

Is there some polling interval or anything that can be changed so the user is able to login immediately to the Confluence/KB system?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

I checked my Confluence 6.4.x test instance and the default Synchronisation Interval for a Jira User Directory in Confluence Admin >> User Directories is 60 minutes. To get the Jira users synchronized faster, just update that Advanced setting, as shown:

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 1.51.31 PM.png

Brandon Schaefer January 19, 2018

Thank you!!!  That looks like it's going to solve it for me.  

Note to others:  I had to change the 'Remote JIRA Directory' to a lower order to be able to edit the settings as it stated 'You cannot edit this directory because you are logged in through it, please log in as a locally authenticating user to edit it. '  Once the settings were changed I just moved it back up in the order listing.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

Great news, Brandon! Thanks for circling back.

Your experience with Managing Multiple Directories emphasizes the need for an Internal Administrator User

Have a great weekend,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events