Confluence: Upgrading from 5.1.4 to 5.5.2

Leslie Coleman May 28, 2014

Due to the recent security alert, we temporarily fixed by only applying the patch. Now we are looking at upgrading our Confluence 5.1.4 to the 5.5.2.

Does anyone have any advice? (Considering that I will be jumping 15 releases to reach 5.5.2?)

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2014

Hi Leslie,

Don't worry about jumping 15 releases. From 5.1.4 to 5.5.2 the database schema had some changes, but all should be created during the upgrade process.

Ao basically, before the upgrade, remember to:
* Create a database dump of your Confuence Schema
* Copy the <ConfluenceInstall> and <ConfluenceHome> folders.

1 vote
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2014

Hi Leslie,

First and most important thing that I'd like to recommend is Clone your Production instance to Test Environment and perform upgrade in your test instance first.

Other than that, please preper a full backup of your database and <confluence-home> directory before you strart the upgrade.

I'd also recommend you to read following documentation for full information and details about upgrading Confluence.

Let us know if you've any question about upgrade procedure. :-)

Cheers,

Saleh

0 votes
Jacob Joseph May 29, 2014

I recently upgraded 5.1.* standalone version (Jul 2013) to 5.5 standalone. I had taken a backup of the confluence home directory and the DB instance it was connecting to. Also had the previous night's confluence backup zip file kept handy. But I did not have to use any of those, the upgrade went pretty smooth and did not encounter any issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events