Confluence Upgrade (5.1.5->5.2.3) Error logged by PluginLoadersFactory during startup

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Hi

I've upgraded my confluence instance from 5.1.5 -> 5.2.3, the upgrade was sucesful, and i have a runnign instance. HOwever, reviewing the log files shows an error is reported on start-up.

2013-08-16 09:27:39,244 ERROR [main] [atlassian.confluence.plugin.PluginLoadersFactory] get Unable to load extra plugins from  specified in -Dconfluence.plugins.extra.bundled.locations. file not found or unreadable

Can anyone give insight into what the error means and where to look to implement a resolve, it seems to me the error is refencing an empty / blank object as it reads "..plugins from specified in" (NOTE missing reference between the words 'from' and 'specified')?

Many thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2013

Hi Gavin,
Just adding in what Ryan said, I have created an improvement request in our support system to see how we can deliver this message better. Please add yourself as watcher and vote in this ticket:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30439

Also, I created a knowledge base on this error as you can see here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Unable+to+Load+Extra+Plugins+from+Specified+in+-Dconfluence.plugins.extra.bundled.locations.+File+not+found+or+Unreadable

I hope this helps.
WZ

1 vote
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2013

Hi Gavin,

The error is harmless, but we're seeing it reported in the logs at startup on the newest versions of confluence. It might be a developer flag that was left in by accident. We've created a bug report for it internally.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events