cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Upgrade - 3.5.13 to 4.3.7 - Broken Calendars

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2015

We recently upgraded confluence from 3.5.13 (wiki-markup) to 4.3.7 (xml).

In the process, it appears that we've broken the calendar macro.

I researched, and it looks like the calendar macro no longer exists on 4.3.7, so during the upgrade, it slapped the calendar macro in a wiki-markup box and left it at that. 

So when we go to the page containing the calendar, we can see a calendar, but everything is frozen.  No matter what you click on, nothing works.

I've seen other documentation indicating that you should download the calendar to an .ics file which will then be used to create a new Team Calendar in the upgrade version (4.3.7).  However, since our screen is frozen, and we're doing this after-the-fact, that doesn't appear to be an option anymore.

My thought is that we're stuck, and will have to rebuild those lost calendars from scratch in the new version unless someone much smarter than I knows a trick to get around this.  Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2015

Reviewed a little further, and it looks like since noone thought about downloading their calendar to an .ics file until after we did the upgrade, we're out of luck.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events