Confluence URL for space creation dialog of specific space blueprint

Simon Neuville July 10, 2020

Hi Atlassian Community!

I have a question regarding some of the URLs confluence has.

What I would like to implement

I have a general page in one of my confluence spaces, from which I would like to create a specific type of space. I created this space type myself using Space Blueprints.

More specifically, I would like to user to skip the first screen of the creation dialog where he has to choose which space type he would like to create. Instead, I want the user to be directly forwarded to the screen where he inputs space key, space name and any additional info defined by the space blueprint.

What I already found out

I already found that this URL partially does this

https://<confluenceinstall>/spaces/createspace-start.action

This results in a page containing only this dialog:

Untitled.png

Unfortunately, this is just for a blank space. I'd like to create a space with the Space Blueprint I made. The creation dialog for that space blueprint has more input fields. I also already found the ID of my blueprint through this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-create-spaces-with-blueprints-through-the-confluence-rest-api-980460886.html

I was unable to find any information on possible parameters that this URL would take. Any help and references would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Simon

1 answer

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG July 10, 2020

Hi @Simon Neuville 

Our App Space Tree Creator (STC) would fulfill your requirement. You can place a button on any page and provide the STC-template, which should be used as a parameter. Your users get directly directed to the STC-form to fill in the data for the space to be created.

You can find the Space Tree Creator on the marketplace.

Regards,
Stephan (PM at EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Space Tree Creator)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events