Confluence Table sorting

Hi!

How to enable Confluence table sorting? I know how to enable table filter plugin, but is there is a possible to add sorting also?

5 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
3 votes

The table-plus plug-in works well for sorting. It defines it on each column by default. It is easy to use, just surround your mark-up table with "{table-plus}" markers.

Should I create User Macros also? I need Table-plugin and macro - right?

How to configure macro in Confluence 4.0? Just adding "{table-plus}"?

I'm beginner, sry for simple question.

Well, now I have one more question

1 coulmn will be sorted by this {table-plus:autoTotal=true|autoNumber=true|sortColumn=1|sortIcon=true|columnTypes=S,I,I}

How to configure, that 10 / each columns will by sorted

You can use Table Filter add-on, it has an option to set default sorting order. Notice that you can export page to PDF/Word in a current sorted state.

1 vote

We are tracking this feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-2493

0 votes
David Simpson Community Champion Sep 27, 2011

First, you'll need to install the Table Plugin, then you'll be able to wrap your tables in the {table-plus} macro e.g.

produces:

Your example shows coulmn 3, not the all columns?

This macro sort dates like this:

<colgroup> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"/></colgroup>
1.sept
3.sept
4.sept
29.sept
29.aug
30.aug
31.aug

and another way round

31.aug
30.aug
29.aug
29.sept
4.sept
3.sept
1.sept

But is it possible to order by newest to oldest?

29.sept
4.sept
3.sept
1.sept
31.aug
30.aug
29.aug

and like this:

29.sept

29.aug

30. sept

30.aug

Thanks in advance!

For special date formats that are not automatically recognized, follow the instructions here: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/TBL/Confluence+Table+Plugin#ConfluenceTablePlugin-advancedDate

0 votes

We are tracking this feature reuqest here: http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFDEV-3462

Permission Violation It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform. If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

274 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you