Confluence System Requirements

Arch Fiend August 30, 2017

Hi,

We have already installed JIRA on our server and it is up and running. We want to install Confluence and this is the memory information that is being displayed for free -h

Capture.PNG

We have 7 users at the moment. Will the memory be enough for installing Confluence.

Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

Hi Arch,

you can find the system requirements here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/system-requirements-126517514.html

Arch Fiend August 30, 2017

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply :) , I am sort of new to server handling, and I read the Server Hardware Requirements Guide. When I SSHd this morning it displayed ~300M as free in -/+ buffers/cache:. Was wondering whether this'd be enough for Confluence.

Thanks.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

It is late in Thomas's country so I would like to help.

Confluence 6 and above require at least 2GB of memory (1024 for Confluence and 1024 for Collaborative editing) so I think you will need more on that server before installing Confluence.

Arch Fiend August 31, 2017

Hi Ann,

Thank you for replying. I just wanted to verify this from the Atlassian Community, I'll see what I can do. Thanks again :)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2017

Thank you for your help, @AnnWorley  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events