Confluence System Requirements Edited

Hi,

We have already installed JIRA on our server and it is up and running. We want to install Confluence and this is the memory information that is being displayed for free -h

Capture.PNG

We have 7 users at the moment. Will the memory be enough for installing Confluence.

Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Aug 30, 2017

Hi Arch,

you can find the system requirements here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/system-requirements-126517514.html

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply :) , I am sort of new to server handling, and I read the Server Hardware Requirements Guide. When I SSHd this morning it displayed ~300M as free in -/+ buffers/cache:. Was wondering whether this'd be enough for Confluence.

Thanks.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Aug 31, 2017

It is late in Thomas's country so I would like to help.

Confluence 6 and above require at least 2GB of memory (1024 for Confluence and 1024 for Collaborative editing) so I think you will need more on that server before installing Confluence.

Hi Ann,

Thank you for replying. I just wanted to verify this from the Atlassian Community, I'll see what I can do. Thanks again :)

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Sep 01, 2017

Thank you for your help, @Ann Worley  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,005 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you