Confluence Synchrony Issue

Bart Kuiper February 7, 2017

I used Deploy4me to install Confluence on AWS. An t2 medium EC2 instance was created and I can access Confluence without any issues.

The standard Deploy4me install details can be found here - https://deploy4me.com/en/kb/software/confluence/where-what-how.html

Everything looks to be ok with the exception of Collaborative editing. The Status of Synchrony = Error, with the message "The Synchrony service is stopped or has errors" displayed.

I've stopped and started the service, and also increased the heap size to 1GB. 

What I am now not sure about is whether or not any additional config is required to get this working.

The contents of the atlassian-synchrony.log file are - 

root@52:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs# vi atlassian-synchrony.log

Running QueryDSL sytem...

{"synchrony":{"message":"synchrony.querydsl.jdbc [info] connection pool test-connection-on-checkin: true idle-connection-test-period: 100 max-idle-time-excess-connections: 100 max-idle-time: 3600","ns":"synchrony.querydsl.jdbc"}}

MLog initialization issue: slf4j found no binding or threatened to use its (dangerously silent) NOPLogger. We consider the slf4j library not found.

MLog clients using log4j logging.

Initializing c3p0-0.9.5.1 [built 16-June-2015 00:06:36 -0700; debug? true; trace: 10]

Unhandled exception

java.net.BindException: Address already in use

at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433)

at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:223)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)

at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketChannel.doBind(NioServerSocketChannel.java:125)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.bind(AbstractChannel.java:476)

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.bind(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1021)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeBind(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:455)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.bind(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:440)

at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.bind(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:844)

at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.bind(AbstractChannel.java:195)

at io.netty.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap$2.run(AbstractBootstrap.java:339)

at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:370)

at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:357)

at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:116)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

MLog initialization issue: slf4j found no binding or threatened to use its (dangerously silent) NOPLogger. We consider the slf4j library not found.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3 answers

0 votes
Romain Gd September 20, 2017

For Windows.

Stop the service "Atlassian Confluence Server [Confluence]".

And check if you don't have any zombie process on RAM (with task schudeler)

- java.exe (C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\jre\bin)

- java.exe (C:\Program Files\DPX\tools\jre\bin)

This process may be use the auto-check synchrony process on localhost.

One of these processes saved an old test configuration that still used port 8091.

And Start the service.

It was my problem, and now all work well and the colaborative module work.

Kind regards

0 votes
Ryan Gross March 14, 2017

The issue seen by the original poster relates to the service already running. Often this happens if the Synchrony JVM crashes or otherwise doesn't shut down properly and is still using the port. Make sure to check your process list for any running JVMs after stopping the service, then restart.

If this doesn't work, make sure to check what else might be running on that port.

The log errors relate to the default logging method being used with a missing java library and are unrelated to the problem.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2017

If you haven't already, I'd start here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/troubleshooting-collaborative-editing-858772087.html

To start with: check port 8091 is available.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events