Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Survey Macro PlugIn compatible with 5.2

MichaelS September 10, 2013

Has anyone tried the Survey macro with the latest Confluence 5.2.x? The marketplace shows only 5.1.5 compatibility.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Schlueter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2013

The PlugIn has been update to support 5.2.3 in the meantime.

Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

seem to have missed that one.

I am regularly verifying compatibility. Cant tell why i did not see this question.

Thanks for stating it here! (it seems i have to write my own issues in the github issuetracker ;))

cheers

Frank

0 votes
Hans-Peter Geier May 4, 2014

when I add a survey macro to a page on confluence 4 or 5, it gets automatically surrounded by the wiki macro. I assume the reason is because the survey macro is still not migrated to confluence 4 and 5.

Do I miss anything?

Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2014

Hi Hans-Peter,

i cannot follow you. When i copy and paste a wiki-markup into a 5.5 instance it gets converted to xhtml given that i used the wiki-markup macro. And when i use the macro browser its working the xhtml style by default.

How exactly are you stuck with the wiki macro? How do you add a new survey-macro?

--Frank

hmm, I can't see the survey macro in the macro browser. I still may have the Confluence 3 survey macro behind the scenes.

I have version 1.1.8.8 of this macro installed. It does not suggest to upgrade it, so I would assume it's the latest and greatest.

I did some more investigation: I uninstalled the survey plugin and re-installed it. Now I got version 2.6 which appears to resolve all the problems which I was seeing. (as far as related to surveys, of course)

(and run admin/unmigratedcontent.action afterwards)

Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2014

that explains it. Cant tell you why confluence didnt recommend to update the plugin. Glad that you figure it out.

I guess the cause is the Atlassian Marketplace's configuration. The UPM should have suggested to update, but it did not. Or the version 1.1.8 of the plugin is sooo old, that the UPM did not determine that it is the same macro. (I noticed that the name changed from "Survey macro" to "Survey and Vote Macro".)

0 votes
Waqar Naeem January 22, 2014
  1. Log into your Confluence instance as an admin.
  2. Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. <small>The Manage add-ons screen loads.</small>
  3. Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
  4. Locate Survey and Vote Macros via search. <small>Results include add-on versions compatible with your Confluence instance.</small>
  5. Click Install to download and install your add-on.
  6. You're all set! <small>Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.</small>

<small>This is what I have done so far. Please advice what should be the next step?</small>

Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2014

well. I already did, as said before its a plugin and provides macro's. That means:

1. Go to a Page
  2. click on Edit
  3. click on Insert - other macros
  4. search for survey
  5. click on the survey (macro)
  6. enter parameters as stated on the macro browser
  7. save the macro and within the body of the now visible macro (on the page) enter a line for every question you want to be voted on.
  8. save the page.
  9. enjoy surveying
0 votes
Waqar Naeem January 22, 2014

I have installed the survey pluging on confluence 5.2.5. I can't make it work, I don't see survey option when I go to brows space. I have no idea why that is happening.

Thanks,

Waqar

Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2014

i dont think it's good to ask a question on a already answered one, but anyway:

Please provide a little bit more information. The plugin provides 2 macro's which you have to add via the edit page action. Within the macro browser you can select the vote and/or survey macro.

Please state which step does not fit to your expectations.

--Frank

0 votes
John Alton October 15, 2013

hey Frank -

Is this plugin the same as the plugin "Survey Macro"? ("Survey Macro" had 3 modules: vote, survey, surveyaction)

Reason I'm asking: We're upgrading from Confluence v4.1 to v5.2. Want to make sure we're upgrading to the latest version. The "Survey Macro" plugin we have installed does not show an upgrade available (it's at version 1.1.8.8). And the closest Marketplace entry I can find is yours—thought it might be the same.

Do I have a match? :)

thanks,
John

Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2013

Hy John,

that defintely sounds like it ;)

The latest version 2.2.0 should be compatible for both versions. Yesterday i verified compatibility from 4.0 to 5.3.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/195

the 1.1.8.8 should be named 1.1.8-8 then you have an exact match (Version from April 2011), that time atlassian disallowed 4 digits so i had to use - ;)

cheers

Frank

0 votes
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2013

Hi Michael,
I have seen issues with data recording when attempting to run the latest version (compatible to 5.1.5) with 5.2.3. My advice would be to wait for a 5.2.3 compatible version to be released.

Cheers,
Andrew

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events