Confluence Start Up Error after Update from 5.4.3 to 5.10.8

T.Lapenko March 12, 2018

Hello community,

I updated my test Confluence System from the Version 5.4.3 to 5.10.8. Update was done successfully and I was able to log in. Before update I uninstalled all plug ins from the system. After update I have installed Team Calender 5.3.20, Gliffy 8.0.5, Avono Read Confirmation 1.8.3 and Adaptivist plugin rate 5.2.3.

After update I have rebooted the server and then confluence doesn't start anymore. I receive following error at the start:

2018-03-12 16:04:10,298 ERROR [AtlassianEvent::CustomizableThreadFactory-1] [core.persistence.schema.StartupSchemaChecker] checkSchema Failed to verify schema consistency java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.schema.hibernate.HibernateDescriptorFactory.describe(HibernateDescriptorFactory.java:46) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.schema.hibernate.HibernateSchemaComparator.compareColumns(HibernateSchemaComparator.java:97) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.schema.hibernate.HibernateSchemaComparator.compareTable(HibernateSchemaComparator.java:84) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.schema.hibernate.HibernateSchemaComparator.lambda$compareTables$0(HibernateSchemaComparator.java:71) at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$8.next(Iterators.java:812) at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayList(Lists.java:139) at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayList(Lists.java:119) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.schema.hibernate.HibernateSchemaComparator.compareTables(HibernateSchemaComparator.java:69) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.schema.hibernate.HibernateSchemaComparator.compareSchema(HibernateSchemaComparator.java:60) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.schema.hibernate.HibernateSchemaComparisonService.compareExpectedWithActualSchema(HibernateSchemaComparisonService.java:47) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.schema.StartupSchemaChecker.checkSchema(StartupSchemaChecker.java:62) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.schema.StartupSchemaChecker.checkSchemaIfBuildNumbersMatch(StartupSchemaChecker.java:51) at com.atlassian.tenancy.api.helper.PerTenantInitialiser.onTenantArrived(PerTenantInitialiser.java:49) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at com.atlassian.event.internal.SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker.invoke(SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker.java:36) at com.atlassian.confluence.event.ConfluenceListenerHandlersConfiguration$TimingListenerHandler$1$1.invoke(ConfluenceListenerHandlersConfiguration.java:69) at com.atlassian.confluence.event.ConfluenceEventDispatcher$VCacheRequestContextRunnableFactory.lambda$null$0(ConfluenceEventDispatcher.java:76) at com.atlassian.confluence.vcache.VCacheRequestContextOperations.lambda$doInRequestContext$0(VCacheRequestContextOperations.java:48) at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.vcache.VCacheRequestContextManager.doInRequestContext(VCacheRequestContextManager.java:82) at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.vcache.VCacheRequestContextManager.doInRequestContext(VCacheRequestContextManager.java:72) at com.atlassian.confluence.vcache.VCacheRequestContextOperations.doInRequestContext(VCacheRequestContextOperations.java:47) at com.atlassian.confluence.event.ConfluenceEventDispatcher$VCacheRequestContextRunnableFactory.lambda$getRunnable$1(ConfluenceEventDispatcher.java:76) at com.atlassian.confluence.event.ConfluenceEventDispatcher.lambda$null$0(ConfluenceEventDispatcher.java:56) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Do you have any idea what can caused this error and start up problem?

We are using Microsoft SQL 2012 and DB server is still available all the time.

Thank you for the help!

Kind regards,

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2018

Hi Tetiana,

I noticed you have a support request open for this issue. Since support needs to examine the files you provided and message you privately, that channel is probably best to resolve this issue. 

After your ticket is resolved we can circle back to this thread to let the Community know the result.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events