Confluence Sharepoint connector on Linux + SharePoint 2013

Hello,

we have (I know bad practice) SharePoint 2013 and Confluence Wiki installed on 1 server (obviously Windows Server). My goal is go split those in 2 servers but I am curious if I installed Confluence on Linux would Sharepoint Connector still going to work? What are the caveats if it will work on a linux hosts?

Thank you. 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Daniel Eads Community Champion Jul 20, 2016

Yes, it will still work. One consideration is that Confluence needs to trust SharePoint's SSL certificate. If you're using a self-signed certificate for SharePoint (hopefully not!), this definitely has to be added to Confluence's keystore. Instructions for doing that on Linux are here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/connecting-to-ssl-services-117455.html#ConnectingtoSSLservices-commandline

If you're using a signed certificate from a well-trusted CA, it should just work without needing to do the import.

Cheers!

Source: Our organization uses the SharePoint Connector and runs Confluence on CentOS 6

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

400 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you