Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Session Timeout Message while adding picture or files

Knut_Luebke May 4, 2018

Dear support-team,

we have the follow problem. The follow Session-Timeout messages occures sometimes, if we try to add a picture or file to a article.

error Upload Pic.PNG

The message says something like: "Your Session is terminated. Maybe you need to send the form again or reload the page."

We try it by the follow way. We enter into the edit-mode and try to add it by using the upload-function for files and pictures, like this picture shows.

uploadFiles.PNG

We need to close the upload-dialog. We leave the edit-Mode. And try it again. Sometimes it works by the second try and sometimes not... We need to try it again and again. The user-session isnt timeout out. The user is not logged out and there is not much time left between the actions. We are doing the described actions continuous without breaks.

We are using:

• Confluence 6.0.3
  • Browser: FireFox Quantum 59.0.3

I liked to upload the current support.zip. But i dont find a possibility to upload a file.

However, how can we aviod this behaviour?

I`m looking forward to get your help.

Kind Regards

-Knut

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2018

Hi Knut,

I found another question with the same symptoms: Attaching a file to a Confluence page causes a session expire message. It was attributed to this bug: Synchrony will sometimes return Set-Cookie headers if using XHR fallback mode.

This bug may also be impacting your instance: User is logged out when editing pages.

Both bugs affect instances that cannot obtain websockets connections. To help confirm or eliminate the bugs, please try the websockets echo test on Websocket issues.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events