Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Server to Cloud

Chema Guerra December 6, 2017

Hello,

We have been running a server version of confluence for several years. Our latest upgrade was 5.6.5.

We've just opened a cloud version (not paid yet, trying first) and I'm encountering problems with the import of the backup.

Here's what I did:

- created a backup of our server install
- imported it successfully into a local instance of confluence 6.x (6.1 I believe)
- tried to import it in confluence cloud (failed, but the import time was quite reasonable)
- exported a new backup file from our local instance of confluence 6.x
- imported in confluence cloud (didn't fail YET but it's been ongoing for hours, stuck at 30% on deleting existing data. Time elapsed and remaining are still updating and vary a lot).

The backup file XML is 65MB, so very far from confluence cloud's 200MB limit.
It imports and exports and so on completely flawlessly in the local instance (atlassian-confluence-6.5.1-x64).

The current import is ongoing for many many hours and still isn't finished (actually it seems to be stuck at 30% on removing existing data.

Thank you in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hi Chema,

This seems specific to your instance of Confluence Cloud, so you may be better off trying to see if you can get support directly from Atlassian's support channel: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events