Confluence Server Will not Restart - Server ID Not Found

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

*Confluence displays this*
startup Could not start Confluence because a database connection could not be acquired. Please ensure that your database server is available and your database configuration is correct and then restart Confluence. Check the logs for details.

No server id found.

fatal 2013-09-12 08:39:41

*LOGS*
2013-09-12 08:08:51,516 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 5.1-OD-13 [build 4332 based on commit hash d19eb0a3bfb8be622c0ab1a0b04bdc0ee8273a95]
---> Instantiating class com.atlassian.plugin.remotable.sisu.RemotableModuleFactoryas interface org.eclipse.sisu.scanners.module.ModuleFactory
---> Instantiating class com.atlassian.plugin.remotable.sisu.ComponentImportWiringFactoryas interface org.eclipse.sisu.scanners.analyzer.WiringFactory
2013-09-12 08:28:41,945 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 5.1-OD-13 [build 4332 based on commit hash d19eb0a3bfb8be622c0ab1a0b04bdc0ee8273a95]
log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.
2013-09-12 08:31:19,809 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 5.1-OD-13 [build 4332 based on commit hash d19eb0a3bfb8be622c0ab1a0b04bdc0ee8273a95]
log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.
2013-09-12 08:38:28,783 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 5.1-OD-13 [build 4332 based on commit hash d19eb0a3bfb8be622c0ab1a0b04bdc0ee8273a95]

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

It turns out this was related to an admin not saving their iptables config. Upon rebooting of the database server, the config was lost preventing connection.

0 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2013

I've seen this error when the confluence.cfg.xml file is not formatted properly. Ensure that all elements are properly formatted and closed per xml standards.

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

I'd suggest you to check your confluence.cfg file located at Home directory\log folder and ensure if database information such as password is correctly informed, then try to restart your instance just for test purpose.

Cheers

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

This is the part of the error that worries me:

No server id found.

Should I not worry about that and just try the database config?

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

as per log the data base is not configured

check this document to configure data base

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+For+MySQL

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+for+SQL+Server

i hope those links will hel you

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

This is a production instance. We simply re-booted the server and this is the result something more ominous is going on here, I think.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events