Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Server Upgrade 6.15 to 7.13

Gonzalo95 April 1, 2022

Hi,

My task is to upgrade Confluence (Server) from version 6.15.4 to 7.13.

Our client does not have a lab or develop environment where I can test the upgrade, so I want to first replicate client environment and then test the upgrade in that new *safe* environment.

I know that Server versions are marked as in End of Support but in order to replicate same environment I need a Server Trial key.

Looking at the site only found Cloud and DataCenter Trials.

Is there any way to get one Server Trial Key?

Any help would be appreciated!

2 answers

0 votes
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hi @Gonzalo95 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Refer to the following articles to build your staging instance with a developer license.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-staging-environment-for-upgrading-confluence-866094180.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-get-a-confluence-developer-license-152044449.html

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

Thiago Masutti

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2022

Hi @Gonzalo95 

If you copy the production environment and restore to another environment, the active production license key will "just work".  Your license key will need to be active (ie: not expired) for the upgrade to work (production or non-production).

Disclaimer: I am not 100% sure how taking this approach aligns with the license agreement. This answer is purely from a technical point of view.

CCM

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2022

It doesn't align, you should only use your production licence once, on the production service!

But.  As part of a production licence, you have a "development" licence.  This has the same user limit and expiry date as your main licence, and is intended for you to use on all your supporting systems - development, sandboxes, test services, disaster recovery rig, and most importantly here, your upgrade test rigs!

Go to your Atlassian product account, find the licence for your production system and look under the box with the key, one of the links is to "developer licence"

The only difference you will notice in a developer vs production environment is that the footer and some bits of the admin functions will say "developer licence".  Functionality is complete, across the board.

Like Teresa Hollidge likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events