Confluence Server - Sharing 1 page to outside role

Joe Hoang March 17, 2021

I work in the IT department, i have pages i want to share to the Finance, and use with the include macro. 

2021-03-18_12-41-40.jpg

Is there a way to do this?

The article i found was a few years old, but they suggest a new space. Is there a solution where i dont need a third space to put all my "shared" documents?

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Joe Hoang 

The easiest way would be to open the permissions for everyone. So everybody can see everything, then the include macro is working fine.

If this is not possible, then I also would suggest you a new space.

And last option I have in my mind is similar to solution 1. Open the two spaces for every person and restrict the pages you do not want to share.

Regards, Dominic

Joe Hoang March 21, 2021

Hi @Dominic Lagger ,

solution 1: 

Imagine hundreds of private articles in both spaces. Opening them all up, to restrict them. how do you bulk update permissions quickly? & can new articles default to a default permission?

Solution2:

With a third space, i feel like the third space is like a big ask for a just a small article. another thing to administer.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2021

You can't have all :-) 

So either you open the pages, or you can't use the "include macro".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events