Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: Seperate Pages with "hardcoded" headers

Marc April 28, 2015

Hello Confluence Users,

I want to give external partners access to specific pages on one of my conlfuence spaces

I found out, that I can restict the view of pages only on the first level. So if I want User X to only see ChildPage 2, this is not working at all!?

Space 1

----- Page 1 (Restricted)

------- ChildPage 1

------- ChildPage 2

----- Page 1 (Restricted)

------- ChildPage

As a workaround I though about only having pages on level one, and no subpages.

BUT: Is there a way to define non clickable "hardcoded" headers in the navigation Bar? Just like the "Page Tree" String on some Spaces.

Hope someone can help me out with that!

Marc

2 answers

0 votes
Marc May 5, 2015

Yeah, the post was a little bit unclear.. sorry for that. Basically I want to have all pages on the first level so I can restict them to any Person I want. But If I do that, there will be around 100+ Pages in the PageTree. To structure it a little bit better I though about Splitting putting a String as a static Headline in the NavBar and thenn list the pagetree with the corresponding pages. I did some more research and I think this is possible with the Documentation Theme and configure the Navigation Part of the Theme to what I want. Otherwise I have a hard time limiting access to Pages to external Customers.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

Marc, I understand some of what you're trying to accomplish but not enough yet: can you clarify or post screenshots of the issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events