Confluence-Send test email NameNotFoundException

Bahar Çağlar August 23, 2012

I am trying to send test email in confluence but I am getting the below error. How can I fix it?

Thanks for answers

An error has occurred with sending the test email:
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name JiraGMailServer is not bound in this Context
at com.atlassian.mail.server.impl.SMTPMailServerImpl.send(SMTPMailServerImpl.java:187)
at com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.JmxSMTPMailServer.send(JmxSMTPMailServer.java:71)
at com.atlassian.confluence.admin.actions.mail.SendTestEmailAction.execute(SendTestEmailAction.java:52)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:168)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bahar Çağlar September 5, 2012

It cannot be done from administration panel. You should write it directly to the file as follows.

This problem has solved yet.

Here is the solution:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=42795030

0 votes
Johann North May 2, 2013

I had the same problem and noticed a trailing space in the JDNI text and once I removed it, it worked. Giuliano's post helped, thanks.

0 votes
Bahar Çağlar October 14, 2012

Here is the solution:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=42795030

You should change the settings from server.xml manually.

Cheers :)

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2012

Hello,

Looking through your Stack Trace, this problem could be related to your resource name and JNDI name.

You must name your JNDI path according to the resource name in your server.xml. In this case:

mail/GmailSmtpServer. Therefore, my JNDI path would be java:comp/env/mail/GmailSmtpServer.

Cheers

Bahar Çağlar August 26, 2012

JDNI path is java:comp/env/mail/JiraGMailServer. I tried also java:comp/env/mail/GmailSmtpServer. It gives the same error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events