Confluence - Rebuild batch.js

James Bewley June 13, 2013

I have a problem with Confluence after I restared the host machine today. When I visit the site I see around fifty to a hundred errors in batch.js stating "Error running batched script"

• Is there a know workaround for this?
  • Is it possible to rebuild batch.js?

Thanks,

James

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
James Bewley July 14, 2013

I guess the best way forward is to reinstall. Just supprised there is no interest in resolving this bug.

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

Maybee You can "just" upgrade it via the Command Line, hence replacing "bad"/missing files?

After what I can google, the error may be due to an IOException, so some server filesystem check and an upgrade, try it !

The upgrade content link on the administration page does not run as it is determined to be not required. How would one go about running an "upgrade" from the command line?

the backup tool gives me the following typical java trace:

Backup & Restore

The following error(s) occurred:

• com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: org.springframework.osgi.service.ServiceUnavailableException: service matching filter=[(objectClass=com.atlassian.activeobjects.spi.Backup)] unavailable at com.atlassian.activeobjects.confluence.backup.ActiveObjectsBackupRestoreProvider.backup(ActiveObjectsBackupRestoreProvider.java:37) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.FileXmlExporter.backupPluginData(FileXmlExporter.java:239) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.FileXmlExporter.backupEverything(FileXmlExporter.java:110) at
  • ... 530 more
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

Make a backup or snapshot of the server.

Download latest from: http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download

For Linux, ssh to the server and do a:

sudo sh atlassian-confluence-5.1.4-x64.bin

Select ok first, then 3 for upgrade etc etc.

This actually replaces all (almost) files as jars, js's etc etc and I would expect any bad or missing files to be replaced etc.

After the upgrade Confluence is started and You can check the varios logs.

PS: This is a bit simplified description, but the basics are here - a commandline upgrade is pretty straght forward, if You dont have changed files like server.xml and added You own files under the installation. If so, You need to make these changes again.

1 vote
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

You are mistaken if You belive Atlassian Anwsers are for paided support in Any way, this is a community based site, where we help each other.. Atlassian included - after "best effort".

You should go to the Company You pay for hosting/support - and/or Atlassian official-support, see http://www.atlassian.com/resources/support

Alternatively, an Atlassian Expert - http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

BR,

Normann

0 votes

Anyone even have an opinion on this. It's been sitting around for a month without a single comment.

This is a live and paid for confluence server, is there a better place to recive support?

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2013

Hi James!

This is our community Q&A site, so this is not the "official" support channel. You can get in touch with our excellent support team by logging in to https://support.atlassian.com and creating a new JIRA issue. The answer that Normann provided includes a link to our support landing page, which will direct you to all the support options that we provide.

0 votes
James Bewley July 2, 2013

Any input would be appreciated.

How can I recover our confluence system?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events