Confluence Questions - can i view the full expert list?

David Blades June 23, 2014

On the Questions 'Experts' page I can view Top Experts this week and Top Experts of all time but the list only seems to show the top 9 experts. Can I view a list that shows everyone who has a points total?

The reason we need this is so we can recognise 'top' experts on a periodic basis (e.g. quarterly) and so I want to track everyone's points tally. Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Hello David, currently the Questions customization possibilities are not very diverse, as you can see under <your_Confluence_domain>/admin/questions/customise.action. This is something that has been requested here you may like to add your comments to that feature ticket.

Hope it helps!

1 vote
Malcolm Cook January 8, 2018

@john - still seeking CQ needs?  Try these suggestions (emailed too!):

List of topic experts should not be limited to the top 10.   It should scroll infinitely.

Experts on a topic should be accessible via macro.

Users should be able to self-proclaim themselves as an "expert" (so they are found when sought).  Anyone who "self-proclaims" gets a point.

Self-proclaim should be an aspect of user profile.  Filling out your profile should allow you to declare yourself an expert on anything you choose.

Self-proclaim should ALSO be settable from any page with short-cut key "!" serving to declare the current user an expert in a topic having the name of the current page.

The option provided by the confluence Questions macro providing a button to allow adding a new question should work even if there are no pre-existing questions with the given Topic.  Doh!

Question macro should take a meta-token allowing to display questions with a topic being the name of the current page.

john
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hi Malcolm, thanks for reaching out with the feedback.

I'm no longer working on Questions (Jira now), but I'll pass your feedback on to the Confluence team. Cheers!

Like Malcolm Cook likes this
0 votes
john
Atlassian Team
June 23, 2014

David - would love to hear a bit more about how you all are using CQ and the needs around the experts piece. If you wouldn't mind - drop me a note at jwetenhall (at) atlassian.com- would love to hear your feedback.

John Wetenhall

Product Marketing, Confluence Questions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events