Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Product Requirement Blueprint - Integrations with JIRA

Tim Yeung November 7, 2014

I am using the native product requirement blueprint on Confluence, and encountered some integration questions with JIRA.

(1) On a requirement page, when I click on Epic, the insert JIRA issue dialog pops up to allow me to create an Epic issue on JIRA. Is it possible to default the JIRA project to a particular project (ideally one JIRA project relates to one Confluence space) and default the issue type to Epic??

(2) After the requirement page has the epic issue, is it possible to have a table that shows all the issues linked to it (e.g. the Epic Link on JIRA)?? I know it is possible to insert a JIRA macro which has a JQL to search for issues under an epic, but that requires user to update the JQL in the JIRA macro each time with the epic's issue key. Can the JIRA macro grabs the epic's issue key on the requirement page??

(3) User also use the 'highlight' feature to create JIRA story on the requirement page, again, is it possible to default to a JIRA project, per space, and default issue type to Story??

Thank in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2016

Hi Tim,

Our Add-on Page Tree Creator works a bit different than the Confluence blueprints / templates. The PTC-templates are based on normal confluence pages and therefore creating a PTC-template is as simple as creating a Confluence page. The PTC-Tags can be used in macro parameters and that could be the key for the integration with JIRA.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed).

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events