Confluence Pages Export to Word including Child PAges

Hi,

I want to export all my child pages including parent Page to be export in single Word.

I know there is Page Tree Plugin which can serve this issue but i don't want to use this plugin. Is there any other way to acheiev this.

Thank in Advance.

3 answers

Hey Akash,

As confluence don't have a built in feature for that (only below feature request), I'm afraid there is no other easy way to achieve that sad:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-8740

Currently the only options I can see are the free add on page tree plugin (which you already know) or the paid add on Scroll Office:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.scroll.scroll-office

Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.
0 votes
Davin Studer Community Champion Mar 25, 2015

You can't do it for Word, but you can with PDF. If you go to Space Tools -> Content Tools ->Export. There is an option to export pages to PDF. You can select the pages you want to export and it will create one PDF of those pages.

Does one need special permission to access Space Tools > Content Tools?

Davin Studer Community Champion Jul 24, 2018

You need to be a space admin to see it.

Thank you! I can see it. I need to create a PDF of a single document in the selected space, not of all the documents in the space. Is it possible to create a PDF of a specific document?

Davin Studer Community Champion Jul 25, 2018

Yeah, change the export to custom and it will allow you to select the pages to export.

Capture.PNG

Thanks to your question I discovered the free plugin you mentioned. I've used it to create a 53 page user guide from about 15 pages, all from one download. :) Whilst it does a good job of the download and general conversion to Word, you do have to do a fair amount of re-formatting to get it right. However, some of this is down or preference and some is down to Word playing silly buggers. So I think the tool does a good job, but it's not the whole process. cheers.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,169 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you