cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: Page Tree Macro for another space

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2015

Hello,

I want to use the Page Tree Macro in one space to list the pages in another space. Unfortunately, even though I specify the space I want to use, the macro doesn't recognize the page I want for the top level.

In the images, you can see that I've specified the Root Page and the Restrict to this Space Key.

• For Root Page: I started typing and the page I was looking up displayed in the list, so I selected it.
    page.png
  • For Restrict to this Space Key: I entered the name and the Space Key displayed as it should and I selected it.
    space.png 

Yet, I get an error message. Does anyone know how I can get this to work?

page tree.PNG

Thanks,

Rosemary

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2015

Turns out the solution to my problem is to use the Children Display macro instead of using either Table of Contents macros.

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2015

Remove the 80: from the beginning of the Root Page and then set the space key. Not sure why it puts the space key in the Root Page field when it has a field for the space. Probably a bug.

0 votes
R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2015

It's moving in the right direction, but it still doesn't work. I removed the '80:'

In Preview mode, the tree displays.

PgTreePreview.jpg

But after saving the layout, the Loading wheel begins and doesn't resolve.

I removed the Expand All option, hoping that making the macro as simple as possible would fix it without effect. I also tried both macro versions of the page tree. Neither work.

Result.jpg

Any other suggestions? It's so close to working. I'm on 5.6.1. Could it be a bug in that version?

Alok Juneja May 24, 2021

As of today on Confluence cloud, the page tree macro does not pull the pages from the other workspace.

Any one know more about it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events