It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence Page Restrictions

I don't understand how setting Confluence Page Restrictions work. I made a page restricted to be edited only by me but viewable by anyone, but another user who is not an Admin has the ability to remove me from being able to edit, but is not able to open the page to be edited by all?

How is this restriction working?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley Atlassian Team May 10, 2017

I tested the scenario you describe and the non-admin user was not able to remove edit restrictions or open the page to others to edit.

Could the user who removed you from the restriction be a space admin?

Per Page Restrictions: "Users with 'Admin' permissions in a space, or users with the System Administrator global permission can remove restrictions from pages, even if the page restriction prevents them from viewing the page."

What version of Confluence is this happening on?

Cloud Confluence. How do I even see who is an Admin and who is not? Odd that they could remove me but not edit the larger permissions lock.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,531 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you