Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: Page Properties: Page Properties Report: Editing Report Macro: Filter Not working

kcallihan August 3, 2017

I've created a Confluence page and added a Page Properties macro to it.  I'm now creating a Page Properties Report  based on the Page Properties macro.  When I go to edit the Page Properties Report there is a field called 'Including Text' which I can use to filter the data I am looking for.   The filter works for most text, but when I enter the text 'Deployed' it pulls back all data instead of just the data with the word 'Deployed' in it, any ideas?

For context, I've created a field called 'Release Status' which has the values "DRAFT", "PENDING RELEASE", "APPROVED FOR RELEASE", "DEPLOYED", and "ARCHIVED".  It's to track the status of a release.  I tried creating a dropdown list which I couldn't get to work and I tried creating a checkbox list but I couldn't get the filtering to work so I just use text for now.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

Hello Kevin,

You can use Table Filter macro to filter Page Properties Report.

kcallihan August 4, 2017

Hi Andrey.

Thank you for your reply!  I did try using Table Filter but unfortunately the way I structured my Page Properties the column contained many values for other rows where I wanted to do a filter and selection for values in only one row - if that makes sense.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 9.49.58 AM.png

As an example above, I want to filter on values in column A, row 3.  I was able to filter on column A but it would also bring back values in rows 1, 2, and 4.  So in my Page Properties report I want to be able to say, show me all forms that have Apples in column A, row 3.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2017

Not sure I understood how your PPR macro shows this properties...

Do you have multiple rows in each PP table? And how those 4 rows from PP are displayed in a row in PPR? Are they concatenated like "Blue Toyota Apples Country"?

You can try to use Free text filter type, or set a Cell value delimeter (use \u0020 as a space character) for dropdown filters.

kcallihan August 7, 2017

Andrey,

Thank you for your responses!  I think this is a case of I needed a couple days away from it and some help from an expert (you) that I was on the right path.  I was able to get this to work this morning using the table filter.  

I tried the table filter last week and couldn't get it to work but it works great today.

Thanks for your help!

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2017

You are welcome, Kevin! Glad you made it to work!

Sujith Nair July 22, 2018

Hi Andrey, Kevin

Not sure if my problem is related. I have a table with 2 columns and 4 rows. Is it even possible to show all all the data from this PP in a PPR macro ?

Thanks

Sujith

Like Dana Bar Lavie likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events