Confluence Page History Without Icon for Changed By

Deleted user January 6, 2020

For compliance purposes I am being asked to provide screenshots of Confluence page updates.  Unfortunately the Page History column "Changed By" simply shows my Atlassian icon.  Our auditors are not amused.

Is there a way to configure that field to show the user's name vs. an icon?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 6, 2020

You are completely right, the overview doesn't show the name. I'm not sure whether you can configure this to show the names but I don't think so (happy to be proven wrong!).

As a workaround I've written a little script for you that you can execute in your browser's console. It isn't beautiful but it makes the names show up:

temp.gif

Here is the code:

$('table span[role="img"]').each(function() {
var $img = $(this);
var $container = $img.closest('div').parent();
var userName = $img.attr('aria-label');
$('<span/>').text(userName).appendTo($container);
});

Hope this makes your auditors happy for now! :)

Best regards,
Sven

Deleted user January 6, 2020

Well, Sven, that is as clever as it gets.  Atlassian, please add this feature - hard to pass up when Sven's already written the code for you.

Like # people like this
Eric Engel June 17, 2021

You could combine this with Tampermonkey so it always works when you go to that page.

1 vote
Eric Engel June 17, 2021

Atlassian, if you read this, the little icon is cute and all, but useless and blocks compliance requirements.  Could you please make it show names or at least have it as an option somewhere.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events