Confluence OnDemand incompletely integrated with JIRA user management

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

We have been using JIRA OnDemand for a while and added Confluence OnDemand. Users are not able to access Confluence spaces.

When I go to Confluence Admin > Users it takes me to the JIRA User Management page. Users are all shown as in the Remote Crowd Directory. When users in the "users" group on that page try to access Confluence spaces with read and other permissions assigned to the "users" group, they get "Access Denied."

When I go to Confluence Admin > Security Configuration and edit, the "External user management" option is unchecked and disabled.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

Someone else fixed it. Maybe there was some sort of permissions issue so that granting application access had no effect when I tried that.

0 votes
Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

Somebody fixed it, I'm not sure what the problem was.

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2013

You additionally need to grant these users application access to Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events