Confluence. Migration to server and sysadmin account.

Kosmos Team May 21, 2015

Hi all!

I've migrated our company's Confluence from cloud to own server. And now I have a problem with "System Administrator" account. It has noreply@atlassian.com e-mail and I can't change it. Also it is the only one account in system-administrators group, account with the highest privileges.

So here is my questions:

1. How can I change credentials for this account? I've searched in DB - nothing there.
  2. How can I add someone else to system-administrators group?

Thank you very much in advance!!

P.S. I didn't find this account in database. And I've tried this how-to: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights. It didn't help.

1 answer

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Hello there,

Please take a look on Retrieving the JIRA Administrator, I believe you can find some helpful information you can use for Confluence.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Kosmos Team May 21, 2015

Thank you, Paula. But it doesn't help. Maybe I can add someone else to system-administrators group?

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Did you check this? Add the group memberships for the 'localadmin' user: insert into cwd_membership values (666666,888888,999999,'GROUP_USER','','jira-administrators','jira-administrators','localadmin','localadmin',1); I'm suggesting you this cause on Cloud, JIRA and Confluence use the same User Management.

Kosmos Team May 21, 2015

I have several users in group confluence-administrators. But it's not the same as "system-administrators" group. I don't have this group in database at all. But I see this group in UI with the only member "sysadmin" (with contact e-mail noreply@atlassian.com). All I want is to add someone else to this group (system-administrators, not confluence-administrators) or change contact e-mail for user "sysadmin".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events