Confluence - LDAP integration: Members of sub-groups exported like a members of their top group

Hi,

I'm using Confluence 3.4.9. My Confluence is integrated with an Active Directory. Here is an example of I want to do:

In AD, group memberships are:

consultants --> sub-groups: editors; users: Peter

editors --> users: Will

Using userSearchFilter I get all consultants members, including membres of the nested group editors.

Using groupSearchFilter I get only consultants group (I don't want its sub-groups).

This is the result:

Peter --> Member of consultants

Will --> Member of any group.

But I want this:

Peter --> Member of consultants

Will --> Member of consultants.

I want all the members of sub-groups are exported like a members of their top group (because I don't want export sub-groups because the permits are granted to top groups, I need sub-groups for nothing).

How can I do this? Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

PD: Sorry for my English.

1 answer

1 accepted

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory

It seems like "Advanced Settings" -> "Enable Nested Groups", is only available in confluence 3.5 and later.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

77 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you