Confluence Jira integration fail - cannot login to Confluence

Hello folks.

I did just try to connect Confluence to Jira for user management. I did use the guide I found on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management (scroll down to "Connecting Confluence to JIRA for User Management").

I followed the guide for JIRA 4.3 or later. When i came to 2. in the guide i got kicked out of Confluence and now I cannot log in again with my user. It came after i pushed "Save the directory settings".

Is there a way to restore this again? I guess I will try to use the Crowd function for the future, so if I just can restore everything and go back to the way it was before?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Christian!

Please check here how to recover your Admin Rights.

The idea is to put the Confluence Internal Directory at the top of the User Directories so you'll be able to access your Confluence again :)

Hope it helps!

+1 to this.

Also please make sure that after you restored your Admin rights you have a unique user that resides in Confluence internal directory that has administrative right to troubleshoot this kind of issue.

Thank you very much for your help :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,099 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you