Confluence/Jira as a production recepe database

Hello,

I am not quite sure if we can do this with Confluence/Jira (don't even know which one would be best to do this).

We are a hardware company trying to find the proper tool to help R&D and the transition between R&D and production. We currently have archives in which resides a recepe for our projects.

Right now, if we wish to make a change in a product, we have to scan the recepes to look if the modification affects other products. We currently do not have a database for this; hence why we are seeking alternative tools to spreadsheets....

Would Confluence or Jira be suited to do such a thing.

- Keep in track version of each components and from this, create a recepe for each projects using links to the latest versions.

- Enable search of where components are used and maybe flag which components are affected when a modification is done to a component.

I am aware that a database is best suited for this and we do have an MRP. The problem is not inventory but more keeping track of changes in the ingredients required to make a product.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I don't think JIRA/Confluence are targetted for such a use. Confluence is a great collaborative/documentation tool, but to manage the intricate relationships between recipes and components another tool choice would probably be better.

I am thinking an enterprise portfolio managment tool would help with the links between, but they are not cheap.

Thank you for your input Eddie.

This widget could not be displayed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

367 views 2 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you