cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Jira Issues double regional settings

KPAH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Hi,

An issue in Jira has two fields, which go to the search xml like this:

<due>Sun, 21 Apr 2013 00:00:00 +0400</due>
<customfieldname>Start Date</customfieldname><customfieldvalues><customfieldvalue>Fri, 7 Dec 2012 00:00:00 +0400</customfieldvalue></customfieldvalues>

However, when I use the exatcly same link for Jira Issues macro parameter, the table that it renders has these dates presented using different regional settings, English and Russian:

Start Date	Due
07/дек/12	Apr 21, 2013

How is this even possible? How to correct that?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KPAH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2013

No one cares.

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

Hi,

Please check the language settings in Confluence whether it's in English. Also, please do check the locale settings of the Confluence server machine, whether it's in English or in russian. As you might be affecting by this bug

Hope it helps

KPAH
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

Thanks for your reply. I'm almost sure the locale is different from settings.

The question I have is I'm not sure why one date (for system field DUE) is in one format and locale, and the other (for custom field) is in another locale. Shouldn't they be rendered according one way?

I found these descrepancies, don't know if they relate:

\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\fields\view\view-date.vm

<span title="$dateFieldFormat.format($value)"><time datetime="$iso8601Formatter.format($value)">$dateFieldFormat.format($value)</time></span>

\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\fields\view\view-datetime.vm

<span title="$titleFormatter.format($value)"><time datetime="$iso8601Formatter.format($value)">$datePickerFormatter.format($value)</time></span>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events