Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence JIRA issues macro error

Kay Hauser January 14, 2015

When I use the Confluence JIRA issues macro to insert a list of JIRA issues in Confluence I always get the following error message:

"Error on line 89. The element type "link" must be terminated by matching end-tag "</link>" .<br/>class java.io.IOException"

Depending on the URL I use the error message names other end-tags.

Having read the documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/JIRA+Issues+Macro I assume that either I use the wrong URLs since I just copy&paste them from the browser or the Confluence JIRA Trusted communication is not set up properly. Bad thing is, the documentation does not match our versions (which are Confluence 4.3.7, JIRA 6.2.7) and therefore I am actually going nowhere...

1 answer

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

Hi Kay

The above error seems to indicate that the URL used might be incorrect. When you get the search result from JIRA side, please try to click View >> XML. Please copy the URL provided as describe here and see if it helps.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events