Confluence Insert JIRA Issue macro problem when JIRA project key contains a number

Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2012

Confluence 3.5.1 and JIRA 4.3.4

I seem to be running into a problem when trying to use the Confluence "Insert JIRA Issue" macro. Everything works fine unless the JIRA project key contains a number (I have modified JIRA to allow this as per the JIRA 4.3.x documentation). Instead of neatly displaying the issue along with its status it produces the same portlet type thing for displaying a list of JIRA issue (from the XML of a JQL search). The following error is contained within instead of a list of JIRA issues:

To clarify: I am attempting to insert a link to a single JIRA issue into the text of a Confluence page. I can get around this by inserting the actual hyperlink to the issue on the JIRA server however a more streamlined solution using a macro is obviously more desireable.

Any ideas?

Thanks a million,

Dave

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2012

This is a known bug that was fixed in Confluence v4.1.3. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22183 for details.

Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2012

Good man Mark :) Thanks a million,

Dave

0 votes
Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2012

Yes I have the required permissions. This only seems to be a problem for those issue that come from projects that have numbers in their project keys.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events