Confluence Indexing Problme

Young__Hahn March 16, 2016

Hi

I am a Confluence Admin and I noticed that my Confluence index is not working.. 

On my main page

Where is say Popular, All updates and other things.. 

I see old record.. not the new ones.. 

When I go to admin page and at the search index, I do rebuild.. and this updates the the new record.. 

But I am assuming I don't have to rebuild the index all the time.. 

I check the log.. but I do not see any error.. .

is there a way to fix this issue? 

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

We occasionally run into this problem also. What we do is just delete and rebuild the index from scratch and that seems to fix it. 

What do you mean deleter?? 

just noticed that I also have QUEUE IS CURRENTLY IDLE 

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

Meaning the you complete delete the index and build one from scratch. You have to do this on the server, it isn't done through the Confluence admin area. Each time I have run into a similar issue that you described, this is what fixes. My hosting company takes care of this for us though so I dont know exactly where this file that needs to be deleted is located.

0 votes
Nelson Carranza
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2016

Yes but this doesn't help 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events