Confluence Index with subpages / child pages??

Jessica Lange August 15, 2013
Within Confluence you can add an Index in every page you like. You can set up and configure which headers will be listed in the index. But how is it possible to list subpages (and their headers) to the index of a page? Thank you :)

3 answers

10 votes
Justin Morgan August 15, 2013

Check out the Page Tree macro. I think it works a lot nicer than the Children Display Macro, and it seems to have the ability to use Excerpts, although I am not sure how that works with headers.

Bradley Bristow-Stagg July 22, 2014

Yup, used this myself and it's done exactly what I needed; Show the list of pages under my heading page.

abhijeetbh March 29, 2018

Use the Macro and follow the instructions in next page, should do the work. In Version 6.0.

Child_Page_Display_In_Main_Parent_Page.png

Like # people like this
3 votes
Deleted user August 15, 2013

I think you're talking about a table of contents, rather than an index. If I understand you correctly, I think you want the headings on the current page, and the headings in the child pages to all be displayed on the top page.

You could do that using excerpt-include macros. It would show you the list of headings in the child page and they look like links but they're not clickable. (This has been a 'feature' since version 3.4). But it will at least show you what's on the child pages.

Depending on your Confluence version the way to test it is:

In 3.5 and earlier, use wiki markup and ...

1. Go to a child page. Add a {toc} macro to the child page.
  2. Still on the child page, wrap the toc macro in {excerpt} tags. so the child page will have this code: {excerpt}{toc}{excerpt}
  3. Save the child page
  4. On the parent page, add a {toc} macro.
  5. Below the the toc macro, add an {excerpt-include:child page title}
  6. Save the parent page

You will see the headings from the child page, but like I said, they look like links but don't go anywhere.

In Confluence 5 ...

1. Go the child page. Add an {excerpt} macro
  2. Inside the {excerpt} add a {toc}
  3. Save the child
  4. On the parent page, add a {toc} macro.
  5. Below the the toc macro, add an {excerpt-include:child page title}
  6. Save the parent page

(But in case you are talking about an index, have you seen the Page Index macro? It lists everything in the space, all on one page. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Page+Index+Macro)

Manohar Dondlapally June 20, 2017

Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!

0 votes
Jessica Lange August 15, 2013
Found this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Children+Display+Macro But still searching for a resolution to include the headers of the child pages too!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events