Confluence Import failed: End of ZLIB

Trying to import a compressed confluence cloud backup to our server. The compressed file is 63gb. The import failed after about 25 minutes. The error read 

Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. Error unzipping file: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 01, 2017

I suggest turning off compression in Confluence prior to the import. I found a JDK bug that indicates that GZip compression can cause that error: Unexpected end of ZLIB when using GZIP on some files

The bug is intermittent but we could be running into something similar.

To turn off compression in Confluence, go to Admin>General Configuration, scroll down to the bottom, click Edit on the right, and uncheck the box next to Compress HTTP Responses.

Hi Ann,

Unfortunately that didn't work for me :(

Uploading the zip file through the web ui, rather than directly onto the server did the trick. Very strange...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,916 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you