Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Import failed: End of ZLIB

Jordan Berry May 30, 2017

Trying to import a compressed confluence cloud backup to our server. The compressed file is 63gb. The import failed after about 25 minutes. The error read 

Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. Error unzipping file: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

Any suggestions?

5 answers

1 vote
José Compadre Junior December 10, 2018

I am having the same problem. My backup file is a space data I want to restore in another confluence instance. It has about 2gb. I tried through upload and also placing the zip into the restore folder. Both give me the same error message: Error unzipping file: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream. This file was exported through Confluence interface.

0 votes
Dimitar Dimitrov February 17, 2024

I am facing the same issue with a 8GB space. I tried restoring from the restore server folder, then tried from uploading a local file but nothing works... any other ideas, folks?

Thanks,

Dimitar

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Any solution to this problem, my backup file is around 10GB, and tried to restore it through restore dir but getting the error.

0 votes
Darío Díez January 2, 2020

Hi everyone and happy new year,

I have the same problem, when I try to restore my confluence using a zip file. The only option that I have is from Backup & Restore option in the website.

Why during the process appears that error message? Is the zip file corrupt? I have uncheck the https option that Ann Worley mentioned and it is stilll happening.

Thank you in advance.

Balázs Végső November 22, 2020

it seems the export is actually a tar.gz

extract it and recompress as zip to enable using the archive for restoring from backup

mv backup.zip backup.tar.gz
mkdir uncompressed
pushd uncompressed
tar xvfz ../backup.tar.gz
zip -r ../backup.zip *
popd
rm -rf uncompressed

try now, with backup.zip

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2017

I suggest turning off compression in Confluence prior to the import. I found a JDK bug that indicates that GZip compression can cause that error: Unexpected end of ZLIB when using GZIP on some files

The bug is intermittent but we could be running into something similar.

To turn off compression in Confluence, go to Admin>General Configuration, scroll down to the bottom, click Edit on the right, and uncheck the box next to Compress HTTP Responses.

Sebastian Kouba November 3, 2017

Hi Ann,

Unfortunately that didn't work for me :(

Sebastian Kouba November 3, 2017

Uploading the zip file through the web ui, rather than directly onto the server did the trick. Very strange...

Like 18600020221 likes this
Chang-Chi Liu October 2, 2019

Hi Sebastian:

I am having the same issue? So what do you meant by uploading the zip file through the web ui?

Chang

Sebastian Kouba October 25, 2019

You can import from a file on the server or by uploading the file using the web interface. "Backup & Restore => Upload a site or space export file"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events