Confluence IE Mobile Workaround

jtoro86 April 21, 2013

Hello,

I've been testing Confluence onDemand for a few weeks now and it's been great so far.

However, I've been trying to display confluence as a Help tool for users on my site. To do so, I have a small 250px width sidepanel where I want to display the help dynamically.

It seems that the desktop version has a minimum width of 500px, and therefore when I display it in my panel, text is missing and images are cropped. I tried a workaround, which is to call the mobile version of confluence. This would allow me to display the content on my small screen, and it works perfectly.

This works great on Chrome. There are a few errors on Mozilla which are not important, but it's definitely broken on IE9. I understand that you guys don't support this version of IE, and very limited mobile versions.

My question is: Is there a workaround I could do to have confluence onDemand displayed on this small 250px panel that could work on all browsers?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

- Juan Toro

1 answer

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2013

Hi Juan,

You can produce your own "browser", using JAVA or HTML5 and the same rendering motor used by Safari (WebKit, if i'm not wrong). Another way is using some kind of "plugin", that uses the rendering an already installed supported browser.

I hope you find a way to do it without all these crazy ideas!

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events