Confluence - I need to format fixed width text

dan lem April 14, 2016

I need fixed width text, with indentation, and I need to be able to highlight specific parts.

I always need to format this text elsewhere, like Word, and then paste a screenshot of that text into Confluence.  I wish  I could simply do this in Confluence but I just can't figure out how.  We are using Confluence 5.8.10.

This is exactly what I need:

a picture of text.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

I don't believe this is possible out of the box. My approach would be to use the code macro and add line comments to flag out the important highlighted parts. (You might think about creating an enhancement request for the code macro for this feature.) There may also be plugins available that provide the editor with this capability.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

He could add his own "syntax brush" for custom highlighting using the Code macro, that's a real good suggestion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events