Confluence Hung during database setup, suggestions?

Now when it starts I get an Opps Error with the information below.

Is there anyway to get back to configuration to try again? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved from the container. Therefore very limited information is available in this error report. 
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

Cause

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
    at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)

caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
    at com.atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext.getComponent(SpringContainerContext.java:48)

Stack Trace:[hide]

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:112)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.webwork.ConfluenceXWorkTransactionInterceptor.getTransactionManager(ConfluenceXWorkTransactionInterceptor.java:28)
	at com.atlassian.xwork.interceptors.XWorkTransactionInterceptor.intercept(XWorkTransactionInterceptor.java:56)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.xwork.SetupIncompleteInterceptor.intercept(SetupIncompleteInterceptor.java:38)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.security.interceptors.SecurityHeadersInterceptor.intercept(SecurityHeadersInterceptor.java:39)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupCheckInterceptor.intercept(SetupCheckInterceptor.java:27)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute(DefaultActionProxy.java:115)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.servlet.ConfluenceServletDispatcher.serviceAction(ConfluenceServletDispatcher.java:56)
	at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletDispatcher.service(ServletDispatcher.java:199)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:292)

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Thank you,

I'm pretty sure the problem is my 2 GB ram linode server :)

I just realized that they say min requirement is 6 GB or ram. Will 4 GB of ram work? 

Confluence will work with a lot less memory - the defaults are way below 6Gb of RAM, and I've seen many systems running flawlessly on 4Gb servers.  2Gb is enough for a small system too (small = a 25 user licence)

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jan 08, 2018

For versions above Confluence 6.0 there is a Gb of heap for Confluence and another gig for Synchrony, so the 2Gb you refer to would be for the application alone, yes? There would also need to be RAM available for the OS.

Server Hardware Requirements Guide

...the minimum heap size to allocate to Confluence is 1 GB and 1 GB for Synchrony (which is required for collaborative editing). You'll need additional physical hardware, of at least the minimum amount required by your Operating System and any other applications that run on the server. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

436 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you