[Confluence] How to list people watching a page (aka "Contributors macro issue" ?)

Philippe PEREZ May 21, 2015

Hello,

The Contributors Macro is supposed to be abble to list the watchers of a page.

I can't manage to have it to work. Whatever the parameters, the macro is returning "No contributors found for: watches on selected page(s)" even if I'm watching this page. I tried in several spaces and pages (btw, I'm system administrator of this Confluence).

Is there a bug ? Bad documentation ? Or simply something I don't catch ?

We are using Confluence 5.7.3.

image2015-5-21 15:2:0.png

image2015-5-21 15:1:4.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2015

Hi Philippe, 

From the documentaiton of the macro, we can see that you are going through the right procedures to use it. However, I believe that we could be definitely facing a bug. For example, take a look at the following report:

Contributors Macro is not working properly for Watchers after update

I believe this is the same symptoms, since I just reproduced it using the 'Watches" and the same result was displayed. So, as we still don't have a fix version for this, by clicking on the *Watch* button, it will display an option to Manage Watchers, which will display all the page watchers for you. smile

Hope it helps you, sir!

Regards, 

Giuliano Tenedini

Confluence/Crowd Support

Philippe PEREZ May 25, 2015

Hi Giuliano,

Thanks for the answer.

Actually the issue as been reported to me by someone who wanted to advertise who is watching this page for the information of its readers. So unfortunately the workarround is not usable in such context.

But I'm glad to see a bug report already exist on this and I will follow it.

0 votes
Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Hi all,

As the issue is still ongoing (at least for Confluence v 5.8.16), does it exist another macro or way to display a list of space/page watchers?

Thanks in advance,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events