Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Form integrated to JIRA does not work for people who don't have access to JIRA

Samantha Andrade February 25, 2021

I created a form in COnfluence that creates a ticket issue in JIRA. 

It only works, however when people with access to the JIRA project. If they are not listed as a JIRA user in the project, the form gives an error message.

What can I do, as I need anyone who can view the form to be able to submit it?

Thank you, 

Sam 

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2021

Hi

When you use ConfiForms built-in rules to create/update issues it uses application link for communication with your Jira

And that is in most cases require your users to have access to Jira

ConfiForms has a way to set up similar functionality using generic web request and that can be set up to use a specific service account (which will allow anyone to create Jira tickets, as it will be created with the permissions of this service account)

Take a look at this demo on our wiki

It shows how to set up issue creation via web request (and also have the same functionality implemented vis Create Jira ConfiForms IFTTT to compare)

Alex

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2021

@Samantha Andrade 

The Jira application link to Confluence will require authentication.   I would suggest using the Jira issue collector since it does not require the individual to have an account in Jira.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/using-the-issue-collector-802592637.html

Here is a great article about other options you could use.  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Five-Options-for-Creating-Jira-issues-from-Online-Forms/ba-p/845260

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events