cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Expand Sidebar

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Recently (and I don't know why this started all of a sudden) I am not able to expand the sidebar in Confluence by the use of '[' or via double clicking the bar.

The '[' shortcut works for collapsing the sidebar, but not for expanding it??

I am using Chrome on a Mac and it was working fine until recently. It works for me on Safari and Firefox, but has stopped working for some reason. Everything else works fine.

Anybody else notice this / have this problem / know how to resolve it?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

I've found a bug logged that exactly matches the behaviour and have added my comments to it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27961

If anyone else needs this addressed, please vote for it. :-)

Chris Brogan October 29, 2018

same problem

2 votes
Beth Aitman May 13, 2013

I've definitely seen this in Internet Explorer, and I think it's a Confluence bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27681

The workaround I've found is to hover your mouse over the far left of the screen, and you should be able to drag the sidebar out again. That doesn't resolve the problem, but at least you can get your sidebar back!

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Thanks, it's not just me then. :-)

I knew I could get the sidebar back, it was more wanting to understand why it had stopped working. ;-)

Beth Aitman May 13, 2013

There's another bug with a similar problem, so it might just be something that's external to you and you can't fix. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27961

But it's possible something changed in your environment to break it - did you install any Chrome add-ons that might have had an effect, maybe?

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Nope, as far as I can tell I haven't changed a thing. =(

It is working for all other users on any browser, so it is just my machine that it has stopped working on (and only for Chrome).

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2013

Strange, after a week of this not working it has just started working again.

The only thing I changed, and what I believed fixed it (for some strange reason) was to change the Default Browser to another browser, then set it back to Chrome.

I'll leave this open for a while, in case somebody else can contradict this or provide a better answer. :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events