Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Edit in Office does not respond

Frank Litjens May 7, 2014

I have a question about editing a word document in Confluence 5.5.

After uploading a word document into my confluence page I see that version 1 is created. When I double click on the file itself it opens protected in Word. So far so good. However when I try to edit the document by pressing "Edit in Office" nothing happens.

What I expect is that I receive a banner that Word wants to open a document from an untrusted connection which I can accept. After saving the modifications the document should have Version 2. I had this setup working but this morning I upgraded confluence from 5.4.4 to 5.5 because I hoped it solved a problem with my application link issues in combination with virtual hosts and SSL. I am not sure if the problem occurs due to modifications I made or if it occurs due to the upgrade. I am a bit lost at the moment.

Additional information:

Base URL: https://confluence.company.comand I access confluence via the same URL.

WebDav plugin installed in confluence Version 4.0.3
Office Connector installed in confluence Version 3.3.3
WebDav Launcher installed in Firefox Version 1.0.7

Hopefully anyone can help me out since I am a bit lost at the moment.

Thanks,

Frank Litjens

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2014

Hi Frank,

Can I know what is the version of Mozilla Firefox you used to open the Confluence?
If you are using Firefox 29 and Firefox 30 , you should have a look at this Bug Report.

It seems the office connector not working with Firefox 29 and Firefox 30.

The workaround is to downgrade to Firefox 28.

Hello Suren,

Thanks you very much, you made my day. Problem solved,

Thanks again.

Frank Litjens

0 votes

Hello Suren,

Thanks you very much, you made my day. Problem solved,

Thanks again.

Frank Litjens

Suggest an answer