Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Create JIRA Issue option not appearing

Jay November 26, 2015

I've recently (yesterday!) upgraded JIRA to JIRA Software and Confluence to version 5.9.1.

I noticed that since the upgrade I no longer get the "Create JIRA issue" option in the popup that appears when you select text. 

• Licences for both Confluence and JIRA Software are up to date.
  • They are both setup as Trusted Applications
  • I can use the macro to create JIRA issues individually.

Issue created using the macro:

image2015-11-26 11:35:20.png

The only popup that appears when viewing the document:

image2015-11-26 11:36:7.png

I can't for the life of me work out why it doesn't appear (or even stopped appearing) or what the requirements are for it to appear in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Colm McGrath November 26, 2015

Hi Jay,

Have you tried cache management? Type g+g then cache management.

You will be brought to the cache statistics page.

Scroll to the very bottom and click the "Flush all" button.

0 votes
Paz Grimberg February 25, 2021

Hello there,

If you like to enhance jira issue creation from confluence, check out Jcreate, new app which allows you full Jira experience. You can try here

0 votes
Colm McGrath November 26, 2015

I tried to post yesterday for you but I hadn't got any points on my account.

I've worked with JIRA for a good while and only started using answers.atlassian.com

It's a bit annoying I see people I can give help to but can answer their questions.

Your upvote allows me to answer as many questions as I want now =P

0 votes
Jay November 26, 2015

Hi Colin,

Flushing the cache worked, first time! Thank you so much, I spent hours yesterday trying to work out what was wrong.

Cheers,

Jay

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2015

Can you insert the JIRA Issues Macro on a page? Does that have the Create Issue tab?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2015

You should use OAuth only and do not configure Trusted Apps or Basic Auth. I believe OAuth is the recommendation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events