Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Content indexation issues

atlassian member August 4, 2016

Hello,

Our team is using Confluence 5.6.6 for quiet sometime now, but recently the search engine started acting odd and not returning all the results, the newly added pages were ignored completely.

To fix this issue, I rebuilt the content index as recommanded by Confluence official documentation, but now a week later I'm facing the same issue and had no other choice than to rebuild again.

My question is: What should I do to not have this search engine / indexation issue?

I have read that rebuilding the index can't be done automatically for performance reasons, but it looks like the best solution for us. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

Regular re-indexing is just "plastering over the cracks" - it hides a potentially serious structural problem, and is hence always an incorrect answer.

You'll need to monitor and examine the logs to find out what the pattern to the stoppage of the indexing process.  What does the indexing queue look like when it starts to fail?  Is there a pattern to when it fails?  What does the log say?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events